START A FARM WITH US
Explore the Possibilities
Just like any other business, Goat Farming has evolved into a lucrative business with minimum investment and maximum returns
Goat farming is not a new line of business. Rearing goats is not only a profitable business but it has been rearing since the time immemorial. Generally goat farming means rearing goats for the purpose of harvesting milk, meat and fiber. At present, goat farming has become a profitable business and it requires a very low investment because of its multi-functional utility. Commercial goat farming business is contributing greatly to the economy and nutrition of our country. Goats are multi-functional animal. You can produce a wide variety of products from goats, such as milk, meat, fiber, manure etc. Goat’s milk is used for producing full cream goat powder, skimmed goat milk powder, goat butter, goat milk cream, fresh goat milk etc. Goat meat is a great source of consumable meat which is very testy, nutritious and healthy. And goat’s wool is being used in many purposes and skin of goat plays a vital role in leather industry.
Nowadays Sheep and goat farming is very common and popular. Goats are known as ‘poor mans cow’ because of their small size and having good capacity of producing milk and meat highly. There are certain breeds, which are easily maintained and can produce meat or milk highly. So, there is a great opportunity of earning some extra income for the marginal and landless farmer by raising goats. About 90% of total goat population of the world can be found in the developing countries. And about 58% of total goat population can be found in Asia and Pacific. Asia and Pacific goat population also contribute about 62% skin, 49% milk and 62% meat of total goat meat, milk and skin production. Goat farming is also playing a significant role in the economy of this country by producing about 275 thousand tons mutton, 21.4 thousand tons hair, 25 million skins and about 851 thousand tons milk annually. And this production contribute about 2.5% of total national income of India The production rate is increasing day by day .This huge production is coming from millions of poor, marginal or landless people and some other commercial producers. The goat products, produced in India are of high quality and has a great demand in the international market.
In goat farming business, you can raise goats along with your other livestock animals. Goats have been considered as poor man’s cow (mini cow) for the poor people because of it’s immense contribution in rural economy and national income. Goat products like milk and meat is not only nutritious and easily digestible food but also a great source of regular income for the poor, landless and marginal farmers. As goats are small sized animal , so they are easily maintained. Even they are easily maintained and cared by women and children. For successful goat farming business, you need to do some common tasks such as feeding, milking and caring. These simple tasks do not require much equipment, capital, labour or hard work.
- Goats are comparatively cheaper to buy and sell than cattle.
- Easy to maintain than any other livestock.
- Reproduction process begins earlier than other animal. And gestation period is very less.
- You can produce wide variety of products including meat, milk, skin, fiber at a same time from goat.
- Goats can survive by consuming low quality food. And in adverse condition they can survive by consuming small amount of food.
- You can easily manage goats with other livestock animals and crop production.
- Raising goats is very easy and simple. Even children and women can easily raise and take good care of them.
- Has a great demand in the market. So, you don’t have to worry about marketing your farm products.
- Goat farming is a very popular, unique and incredible business model in Asian countries
- The another benefits of starting goat farming is that, ‘goat products has very solid demand in the local and international market’.
- Goat farming costs less than establishing any other livestock animal farming business.
- Require comparatively less labor and management.
- You can easily raise 10 goats in the space and costs required for a cattle.